Sr. QA Manager
Title: Sr. QA Manager
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Job ID: 01052017
Date required: Q1 FY’17
Have you always imagined yourself working at a start-up company? Now is your chance! eASIC is looking for a dynamic and engaging individual who has a passion for quality. As the QA Manager reporting to the Director of Quality, you will be responsible to drive internal and external quality related activities to propel the company into its next growth phase.
As a highly visible part of eASIC Operations you will collaborate with other team members to achieve improvements in key quality metrics. You will be the primary QA interface for customer quality support, including driving and coordinating customer returns analysis, as well as for supplier quality review and monitoring. You will have overall responsibility for the Quality System (QMS) which drives work processes within eASIC. You will be directly responsible for Document Control process. Among other roles, you will also be the company expert on assuring RoHS, REACH, EICC, and other environment and social sustainability standards. You will use your background and knowledge of product lifecycle management to help ensure that eASIC’s PLM (called eBP) is followed within the company.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assuring that eASIC’s Quality System meets the requirements of ISO9001 and maintain eASIC’s ISO9001 certification
- Maintenance of document control and record control processes at all locations
- Being the primary interface for customer quality and environment related surveys/questionnaires
- Assuring all customer complaints are addressed in a timely manner using 8D reporting format when needed. Leading root cause analysis when required
- Driving customer communication as needed for process changes and product discontinuance
- Ensuring management reviews are completed with minutes and action items posted and tracked
- Tracking, communicating and reviewing quality metrics such as FA cycle time trends, customer complaints, non-conforming product, etc., and driving continuous improvement as required
- Driving the corrective and preventive action process. Following up on required actions and report required metrics and applicable information to senior management
- Being the quality representative for external audits of the quality management system including customer audits and third-party certification audits
- Performing Internal Audits. Providing training, guidance and support to team of internal auditors. Creating internal audit schedule and ensure audits are completed
- Reporting/Communicating audit findings to senior management
- Assuring that eASIC products meet RoHS, REACH, EICC, etc. environmental and social accountability standards as required by regulatory agencies, customers, or eASIC policies
- Participating in or support of customer meetings
- Performing supplier quality assessments, including site audits as needed. Monitoring and ensuring supplier quality performance
- Being the company expert in SPC, structured problem solving, quality tools (FMEA, FTA, 5-Why, etc.)
- Supporting eASIC Business Process (eBP) as needed
- Providing new employee orientation on eASIC quality system
- Interfacing with other members on items such as quality improvement, corrective actions, etc.
- Strong and mature communication skills required to work with customers, suppliers and internal teams
- Ability to convince customers and suppliers of eASIC’s position on specific issues
- Strong multi-tasking skills (multiple types of activities ongoing at same time)
- Detail Oriented, particularly needed when creating or reviewing internal processes, customer CARs, etc.
- Ability to self-learn
- Teamwork, specifically when working with technically strong teams
- Ability to act with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
Manager / Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has one direct report.
This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Occasional Travel (<10%).
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably EE
- 7+ years’ experience in semiconductor quality engineering role
- Strong background in customer quality support
- Trained ISO Lead Auditor. Expert level knowledge of ISO9001. Knowledge of ISO14001, TS16949, ISO14000 and AS9100 preferred
- Knowledge of environment and sustainability related industry standards
- Strong knowledge of quality tools (FMEA, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing processes
- Strong skills in use of MS Office and Agile. Ability to create and maintain information in shared online spaces.
eASIC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, eASIC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Click here to submit your resume.