Staff Customer Applications Engineer
Position: Staff Customer Applications Engineer
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Job Posting: 04/14/17
Job Summary / Objective
Staff Customer Applications Engineer provides technical pre- and post-sales support for our products to our customers including review & assessment of RFQs & RFIs, completing feasibility analysis and verifying customer deliverables & fab sign-off. This position interacts with eASIC R&D, Field Engineering and Product Marketing for application & methodology development and support team to benchmark design tools and to develop & maintain eASIC design flow.
The scope of work includes but not limited to:
- Migrating customer’s IPs to eASIC IP solution
- Customer design functional and equivalency verification
- Implementation of customer design to eASIC single-via customization solution
- Review, document and resolve project technical issues
- Completing physical verification
- Establish technical credibility and rapport with the customer and become the go-to expert for all of their technical inquiries
- Champion the customer needs and work with R&D and Marketing to develop competitive and creative solutions.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal and Written), presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong Problem Solving & Analytical skills
Manager / Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (Mon – Fri). Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
15-20% of travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- At least 10 years of related experience with ASIC / FPGA design background
- Operational knowledge in one or more design tools for RTL & gate level simulation, logic & physical synthesis, STA, formal verification and cell mapping, placement & routing
- Good background in IP specification such as PCIe, USB2.0, Ethernet I/O standards and AMBA/AXI bus architecture
- Knowledgeable in Perl/Tcl scripting
- Practical knowledge of high aped SERDES and relative applications, at both physical (PHY layer / Signal Integrity) and protocol level (PMA, PCS, MAC/Control) such as 10G Ethernet, Interlaken, PCIe, SATA, and others, is highly desirable
- Experience in interfacing and supporting customers and understand ASIC customer design methodology
- Capable of influencing outcomes among customers and technical team members
- Required language(s): English, Mandarin a plus
eASIC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, eASIC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Click here to submit your resume.