Senior Staff Circuit Design Engineer
Position: Sr. Staff Circuit Design Engineer
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Job ID: MY02022018
Reports to: Manager, Circuit Design Engineering
We are seeking an engineer in the area of IC Circuit Design. In this position, the engineer will be involved in custom circuit designs in advanced CMOS technologies. The engineer will involve in micro-architecture definition, electrical specs definition, designs, simulations, pre- and post-silicon verification, as well as customer support.
Essential Functions and Competencies
In this job function, the engineer is expected to:
- Micro-architect and design digital and/or analog CMOS circuits for structured ASIC products
- Involve in technology path finding, schematic entry, pre- and post-silicon simulation and verification, layout supervision and silicon validation
- Participate in full-chip floor-planning of new designs
- Work closely with mask design engineer to optimize design performance at circuit and full-chip level
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to engineers
- Involve in high-speed SRAM, ROM, and MemBIST custom circuit design
- Involve in high-speed I/O design including, but not limited to LVDS, SSTL, HSTL, CML, POD topology
- Involve in high-speed interface design including but not limited to high-speed ADC/DAC, DDR3, DDR4, ONFI-4.0, LPDDR3, LPDDR4, RLDRAM2
- Involve in analog circuit designs such as bandgap reference generation circuit, voltage regulator, power-on detection circuit
- Involve in PLL, DLL, clock generation circuit design and verification
- Involve in high-speed digital logic cells design and verification
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and logical thinking
- Detail oriented
- Ability to self-learn
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
No or minimal travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Degree in electrical/electronics engineering with minimum 10 years of VLSI silicon design exposure
- Good knowledge in semiconductor device & technology, deep submicron IC design methodology and common EDA tools
- Proficient in circuit design tools such as Laker, Virtuoso, HSPICE, Finesim, etc.
- Proficient in logic verification simulations and formal verification
- Proficient in PERL, TCL, C-shell scripting
- Excellent communication skills, team player and ability to successfully interact with people from other engineering team
- Experienced with high-performance memory (SRAM) array circuit design
- Experienced with high-speed serial and parallel I/O circuit design
- Knowledge in VLSI layout design & circuit design especially on high speed data path, high speed memory, DLL, PLL will be an added advantage
- Must have hands-on experience in circuit design and have successfully contributed to product commercialization
- Knowledge of Verilog/VHDL and front-end design flow will be an added advantage
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be well organized, a self-starter, and have strong work ethics
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Ability to manage project delivery schedule
- Ability to interact with all levels in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently, also with local and international teams in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to speak, write and communicate in English (required)
eASIC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, eASIC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Click here to submit your resume.